Followers

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Help, please....!

What a palaver!

I've never had any trouble uploading photos before but today blogger won't let me upload one specific photo... It says I've run out of free space and would I like to buy some more.... but then it let's me upload other photos no problem at all! Am I eventually going to run out of space completely? What are my options then - will I have to pay monthly to be able to update my blog??? Help! Anyone else had this problem? Was I naive and stupid expecting to be able to run my blog for free? :-( Not a happy bunny!

Anyway, to cheer myself up I'd like to wish my good pal, Lynn, a happy birthday today! This is the card I made for her (it's been ages since I coloured a Tilda!)


Now I know you can't read the sentiment very well - it says "To a Wonderful Friend" and I was going to show you a close-up so you could see it properly but that's the photo blogger won't let me upload :-( It's quite happy, however, to let me show you a close up of Tilda!?!


I paid particular attention to her hair on this one - making use of my fine nibs for my promarkers. I'm quite pleased with myself - the best job I've done yet. I've still got quite a way to go before my colouring is anything like those of you I admire in blogland... but I'm taking baby steps!

Challenges:
Totally Tilda - Princess Tilda in a pink dress
Totally Gorjuss - Pink and Green
Creative Inspirations - CASE it - I took the pink and green colour scheme

Right, I need to go and do some horrible housework before swimming lessons later!

Love 'n' hugs,



15 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Mel,
I didn't think you could run out of space on a blog? hope not!
Great card, love your beautiful Tilda, her hair is gorgeous.
Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Love, Melly. xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Mel, love the pretty Tilda, her hair looks fab. Don't know if you can run out of space, hope not.

Donna x

Carole of Brum said...

Really pretty card, Mel, that Tilda image is just so girly!

Was surprised to read your post cos normally Blogger runs so smoothly with no problems at all......NOT!!!!! hee hee. It sounds like a glitch with them cos I'm pretty sure you won't have to pay for blog space. I did read something about this recently, will try and look for it and post you a link if I find it. But I shouldnt worry, if it's then letting you upload a pic it's probably just getting it's knickers in a knot again.

Who's having swimming lessons, you or the kids? Sounds fun. CoB

Unknown said...

Hi Mel, sorry I don't know about the specific problems you're having with blogger. I don't think you can run our of blogger space as such but you can run out of picture space on blogger and it takes an awful lot! I think you'd have to be loading big pictures every day all the time to fill it up.

Not much help, sorry!

Gorgeous card though, lovely colour combo and a really sweet image.

Sarah

Sally said...

A sweet Tilda card Mel with a very pretty design & colour combo. I've uploaded tons of pics to my blog with no prob so I really don't know why you're having trouble. If ever I want to know anything I ask Google & I'm sure there's a blog forum out there somewhere.
Sally x

coops said...

gorgeous card mel.stunning pretty colours and fab sweet tilda :D

xx coops xx

Carole of Brum said...

Hi again mel, I couldnt find the article I'd read about storage, but I did find out that you have up to 1GB of storage allowed in Picasa albums for a free blog. To find out how much storage you have used, visit here:

https://www.google.com/settings/storage/

It also gives prices for paid plans if you want to upgrade.

But it's always possible that it is giving you these messages in error if it is only sometimes telling you that you've run out of space. Hope this helps. CoB

amanda stokes said...

Hi Mel,
Gorgeous card,fab colouring of the hair :) x

melsanford said...

Thanks Carole, you're a star! I had a look and apparently I've used 60% of my space so I should have plenty left. Perhaps you're right and it's an error - I hope so! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card Mel, fab image too.
luv
Debby

Carole of Brum said...

Glad you got an answer, Mel. I've used nearly half of mine too, and I've only been blogging a year and a half, so I'm wondering how much longer I've got before I've used it all. CoB

Hazel said...

Hi Mel

I've never heard of that problem with blogger before - I hope you don't run out of space!

Your friend is going to be thrilled with your card - it's beautiful.

Thank your for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck. I hope you will be able to come and join in with our challenge next week

Toodle pip

Hazel x

Becky said...

Lovely card mel,
I didn't know you could run out of space either. I've been blogging a year and I thought it'd always be free.
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Totally Tilda
Hugs, Becky x

Tammy said...

I have the same problem sometimes and wouldnt worry about it. I save my post then go back to it later the same day. Anyway - super card hun. Thank you so much for joining us at Totally tilda. Good Luck Hugs x

Aunty Sue said...

Good afternoon hope your weekend is going well . This is a brilliant card and Caroline will love your interpretation of hers. Thanks for joining Creative inspirations this week