Followers

Sunday 1 April 2012

Dream Valley Challenge 29 - Wedding/Love

Well, this is it! Today is the day!!! I'm not actually really here..... Really I'm at the hotel having a last minute flap before I get married in about 2 hours time :-) Eeeeeek! :-)

And that is why the lovely girls over at Dream Valley have set our latest challenge to be

Wedding/Love!!!!

Aren't they sweet??? :-)

I thought for this project I'd show you something I've been working on for our big day..... This is our Wishing Well!


For those of you not familiar with the idea, a wishing well can be used as an alternative to wedding presents from your guests. Paul and I have been together for 8 years so we don't have the need for traditional wedding presents like towels and things so to save everyone trying to hunt round for something we might need, instead we invite them to make a wish for us and put it in our wishing well!

This is what it looked like when we first bought it:


We gave it a coat of white paint and I went on a shopping trip with my good pal, Yvonne, to buy some artificial roses and ivy....

There are larger roses at the bottom, across the front....


Leading up to smaller roses and rose buds up the side.....



I filled the bucket with more rose buds and ivy and lined the inside of the well with a pillow case so that our wishes don't fall out the bottom :-)


The poem on the roof.....


I hope you like it! Now wish me luck cos I expect I'll be really nervous right about now :-)

I'll be back when I'm Mrs Byron!!!!

Love 'n' hugs,

9 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Mel you are one crazy lady you dont need luck you are a star and I am sure today will be just the best. The weather is lovely here and hope it is in Birmingham. We have 1 thing in common I got married on this day back in 1978 and the vicor just said it had to be after 12 mid day. lol. I wish you and Paul and your family all the very best that life can offer you. Hugs Aunty Sue xx
ps love the wishing well. lol

Liz McGuire, said...

Well hi Mrs B! Hope you had a beautiful, happy day. Your wishing well is gorgeous - what a lovely idea,

Liz x

Unknown said...

Mel what a beautiful wedding well so much work but worth it FAB Hugs Elaine

Lynne in NI said...

Well, Mrs Bryon, hope you've had an amazing day! Congratulations to you both ... I'm looking forward to seeing your wedding pics!
Your wishing well is stunning, what a fabulous job you did on it. Put a wish in from me ... "I wish you both all the health and happiness in this world"

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous and such a beautiful idea. Looking forward to seeing pics of the wedding Mrs Byron.
luv
Debby

coops said...

wow your wedding wishing well is so beautiful hun.i hope you had a wonderful wedding day :D

xx coops xx

Mel said...

well how is you doing then Mrs B??
I hope you had a super awesome day and your face aches from smiling too much lol!
You looked so beautiful honey, just like a princess!
Your wishing well is stunning and would have been beautiful at the wedding!
Hugs Melly xxx

Eva Marie said...

So awsome and adorable, a masterpiece of art!
Congrats on being a MRS hope your day where magical ♥

xx

Suzanne said...

What a gorgeous idea. This is amazing - just beautiful x