Followers

Monday 24 January 2011

Have a magical birthday!

Hiya! Hope you're all having a lovely day like I am! A blog award this morning, some friends popped round for a cuppa and a natter and then a lovely afternoon catching up on all your lovely blogs :-) And then I find I have a few new followers too! Thankyou so much - I'll be popping over to visit you shortly!

I had a bit of fun with this card... I have used a Sugar Nellie image, Maggie the Christmas Fairy (available here) but I think she can be used for birthdays aswell as Christmas!



I've used my promarkers, some glitter gel pen and some glitter glue on her wings and the trim of her dress.



The papers and gems are Henbury Lane, the lacey heart border punch is from Xcut and the embossing folder is Victorian Fleur from Papermania. The ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment is a Daisy and Dandelion clear stamp.

I'm entering it into the following challenges:
The ABC challenge - M is for Magical (with an optional sketch which means I can enter it twice!)
Sarah Hurley - Birthday girl
Wags 'n' Whiskers - A Fairy Special Challenge (my 2nd entry)

Hope you like it :-)

Love 'n' hugs,
Mel xx

10 comments:

Sarpreet said...

hi there, thank you for visiting my blog and telling me about your candy. have i missed it?

Dragonlady said...

Hi Mel

I would just like to say everyone this card is stunning in real life, I absolutely love the colours and the image is so cute.
Thanks again hun.

Hugs Ali x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Mel, love this very pretty card, amazing colouring. Love the fab colour combo,embossing and sparkles. Congrats on the award, so well deserved. Sounds like you've had a lovely day.

Donna x

Jennifer said...

Aww so sweet, and fab colous! xx Jenny xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Mel and pretty colours too.
luv
Debby

coops said...

gorgeous card mel.i love the sweet image and your colours and papers are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Lisa Jane said...

so sweet Mel.. i love the cute little fairy and the punched border
Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley this week
Lisa ;)

Wishcraft said...

This is so pretty Mel, a gorgeous card :o) Lisa x

Mel said...

aww super sweet!
I adore this wee image and was one of my 1st SN stamps! The papers are stunning! Just gorjuss!
Hugs Melly xxx
Ps thanks for playing along with Sarah Hurley Challenges

Debs said...

Whoop Whoop you won... congrats hon :0)

Debs x